You will need:
- 2 medium bunches Lacinato/dinosaur kale, stems removed 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 3-5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan
Remove the stems of the kale and discard. If you juice like I do, then just save them for juicing. Now finely chop the kale (chopping it very fine will let the lemon juice in the dressing help the kale get soft and easier to digest). Add the chopped kale into a bowl and sprinkle with very little olive oil. With clean hands massage the kale to soften it.
In a food processor blend the lemon juice, mustard and garlic cloves and then slowly add the olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
Add the dressing to the kale and mix very well until every piece of kale is coated. Top with Parmesan and maybe a little sprinkle of red pepper flakes and serve.